Dear Supporters of the Center for a Stateless Society,
It’s time to launch the fundraising drive for the Center’s third quarter ’09 work, covering the period July 1st through September 30th, 2009.
I’ll get right to the details.
- I’m asking you to support more of Research Associate Kevin Carson’s research studies, as we bump them up from quarterly to monthly.
- I’m asking you to slightly increase support for both Carson’s and News Analyst Thomas Knapp’s work to cover extra calendar weeks beyond the rule of thumb four per month. This is just to pay them for what they already actually do.
- I’m asking you to support advertising the Center and its work to one of the more obvious potential groups of future supporters — listeners to Free Talk Live.
- I’m asking you to support adding a second news analyst to round out our content production and a social media specialist to head up promoting all of our content. We will be searching for candidates to fill those two positions over the course of this fundraising drive.
This is how it breaks down in terms of money:
- Research Associate: Carson — $1225 [$900, 3 monthly research studies @ $300 each; $325, 13 weekly columns @ $25 each]
- News Analyst: Knapp — $650 [26 twice-weekly columns @ $25 each]
- Free Talk Live ad campaign — $630 [reference: http://c4ss.org/content/271]
- 2nd News Analyst — $475 [$325, 13 weekly columns @25 each; $150, 3 monthly magazine-length feature articles @ $50 each]
- Social Media Specialist — $1300 [13 weeks social media content promo work @ $100 per week w/ weekly blogging of detailed report of activities]
- TOTAL: $4280
That figure of $4280 is an ambitious goal, more than triple the successfully reached goal in the fundraising drive for our previous quarter. I believe we can reach it, though, with your support.
Below, you will find a ChipIn widget to use when donating. You can also copy the HTML code for that widget to republish it on your own web sites to help us raise money.
Please support our work. Then get your friends to support our work.
Director, Center for a Stateless Society (C4SS)
UPDATE, MAY 17TH: We sometimes get asked about what happens if contributions exceed the goal. The Center can use all of the support you can possibly send. If we exceed our goal for this fundraising drive, contributions in excess of that amount will be split in halves between building a reserve fund for C4SS and supporting the broader efforts of our parent organization, the Molinari Institute.
220 x 220 widget: